We are a small, new, specialised mastodon instance.
We hope to be another safe and welcoming place for both new comers and existing mastodon users.
This is our #introduction thread.
Who is tabletop.social for?
We are here to host the tabletop community as a whole.
We welcome everyone that wants to be part of the community, casual gamers, hobbists, LARPers, game designers and publishers, RPG caracters, artists, writers, vlogers, podcasters, reviewers and more.
We also welcome generic user, people that don't play games. If anything you might find yourself a new hobby.
This is a place to be you, with your aspirations, your emotions, your bad days and your good days.
We truly hope that this is a place to have interesting conversation, meaningfull interaction and make genuine connection with all of what makes of the hobby.
We encourage you to share, to err on the side of over communication if you can.
It is also a place to be mindful, to interact where welcome and invited.
What tabletop.social is not for?
We do not welcome toxic behaviour.
Here is a small list of behaviour that will get you banned without warning:
We stand by and will enforce our rules and etiquette.
We strongly encourage you to have a good read.
Genuine people can make mistakes at times, that's ok if you are willing to learn from it and better yourself.
What's the 500 character gist of the rule and etiquette?
- Always ask for consent and be respectful (of people and their time)
- Mastodon has Content Warning (CW), use them for sensitive content (but also to give an option to your readership, to make jokes, to label your thread etc.)
- Don't pollute the public timeline with blatant marketing.
- Harassment and Threats results in direct ban.
- Ideologies about repression of people based on race, gender identity, sexuality. It's a ban.
I already use mastodon, why tabletop.social?
There are other instance that provide the hobby a home, that said mastodon is about decentralisation, so we should not rely on having one instance.
(See other space https://tabletop.social/about/more)
We have the usual mastodon feature, like custom emoji, which we tend to use to its full potential.
Since Tabletop.social is based on glitch-soc, we have a few features that generic mastodon don't have.
glitch-soc features ?
- Bookmarks (as well as the fav/star)
- Images inside the CW spoiler 
- Fullwidth images 
- Collapsible toots 
- Local only toots (so only to public to the local tabletop.social timeline) 
- Ability to only consume original content (hidding boost) 
- More way to add flavour to the instance.
- Draw something
 See images (🔖)
On allowing self promotion, companies accounts and games accounts ?
We believe that games and tabletop companies have their place on the fediverse.
We mean this in a very specific way:
- Your fan base can reach you from the fediverse and start conversation.
- You can make anouncement to your fan base only.
We think actual games account and companies account, provided they follow similar policy to bots are allowed.
We have a policy here to cover the details: https://gist.github.com/MxFraud/92128019a16c97b4009e6d142b20b7a6
We are currently a team of 1 (one) moderator.
Allow up to 24 hours for moderation, answers, etc. as I still need to sleep & work.
Disclosure: we are white, hetero, european, male, able, mostly neurotypical.
That comes with all its bias, yet we strive to see past them.
Do call us out on these bias.
We are activelly looking for moderation team members that would add more different points of view and life experiences.
Admins can DM and/or followup by email.
Shout out 1/n
We are an inclusive Mastodon community for everything tabletop (and more).