Among the more fun choices:
- Ventriloquism (magically throw your voice)
- Shrink Item (shrink an item by 1/12 size)
- Shatter (create a loud noise that shatters all glass and similarly fragile objects in a 3-foot radius)
- Secret Page (alter the contents of a page of paper to be something entirely different)
- Otto's Irresistible Dance (force a subject to dance)
- Open/Close (open or close anything that is light and unlocked)
- Jump (make someone be able to jump really high)
Possible practical uses against a boss:
- Shrink her greataxe, effectively disarming her.
- Shatter the window next to her, distracting her and forcing her to walk on broken glass if she moves.
- Open the door as she walks past, smacking it into her.
- Force her to dance, rendering her unable to fight.
- Allow the rogue to jump immediately behind her from across the room for a backstab.
@Garrison ... but like, you can actually attack with Shatter...
@nekobakaz I'm going by 3e, which is what I know best. According to it, you can only use Shatter to attack crystaline creatures.
@nekobakaz Looked it up in 5e and you're right there, though
@Garrison yeah, it’s been a long time since I played 3e; Shatter in 5e is a regular spell for my tempest cleric, so I was like “????” :)
@nekobakaz I should have been clear what system I was referring to lol
@Garrison but hmmmm, shrinking weapons....
@nekobakaz an unfortunate barrier to that, which I didn't consider, is that Shrink is a touch spell, so you'd have to run up and grab the enemy's weapon (contested dex check?), but I think it would be hilarious enough to be worth it.
@Garrison ooooooh, i was considering whether my necromancer could take it (cha based wizard/sor with healing spells and special death abilities; i love the build) but she is light armor and squishy
@nekobakaz yeah it would be tough to use effectively in the way i described, but i'm gonna keep pondering how to make it work
@Garrison **cackles** in 5e enlarge/reduce is a ranged spell; can’t target anything carried, but shrinking a creature shrinks their gear, so they deal 1d4 less dmg and have disadvantage on strength checks and throws. Concentration spell though
@nekobakaz Now pondering how/if momentum would be conserved if one were to knock the tiny weapon out of the enemy's hand with a club, say, and per the spell it enlarged back to normal at the very instant it began to fly across the room 🤔
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!