Conflict resolution #idea for tabletop games:
- Standard deck of playing cards shuffled every time
- GM draws 10(?) cards
- GM chooses X cards based on character stat level
- GM offers chosen cards to player
- Player picks 1 from remaining cards
- Resulting card = success level
- Random, but gives GM a chance to prepare/limit possible outcomes
- Split cards into stacks of suits for each type of conflict?
- Or each suit causes a certain type of outcome?
@Alamantus if I can recommend something would be to look up the games Castle Falkenstein and Savage Worlds. Both use deck of cards to play and might give you ideas/inspiration for your own. In Falkenstein there's a similar mechanic where every type of task/conflict uses a different suit.
#CastleFalkentein #SavageWorlds #ttrpg
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!